Friday, November 04, 2005

Flower Girl

Remember how he used to bring candy?
Gorging himself, belt undone, Thanksgiving
Stormed in wearing a beard of shaving cream
Fight back the urge to laugh, swallow it down

How he used to call me his favorite
his little princess, his bright shining star
I'd giggle as his wiskers touched my cheek
Swallow it down, fight back the urge to laugh

His sea-green eyes always danced with mischief
some juvenile prank ready to be sprung
Squirting flowers, whoopy cusions, buzz rings
Fight back the urge to laugh, swallow it down

His waxen lips hold a devious smile
his eyes still sparkling under closed lids
Wishing he'll sit up, say it's all a joke
Swallow it down, fight back the urge to cry

Unknown

6:55 PM

2 Comments:

Blogger DTclarinet said...

wow! well done. the creepiness crept in as I read. wow!

I'd love to exchange links with you, if you want.

check me out and let me know.

also, congrats on the bloggingpoet listing!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Lane Watson said...

I liked it. it reminds me of Slyvia Plath, maybe T. Rothke. One suggestion, economize your verses. Don't get me wrong, i really like what i've read, but try to strengthen it by economizing it. keep up the good work. If you're writing this at 23 then, you're well on you're way. I'll be back.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home